Getting started with systems dynamics modeling in falls prevention. We’ve all seen model projections related to COVID-19. Systems Dynamic Modeling can help us understand how systems work and anticipate how changes will affect specific components and the overall system. This understanding impacts policy, management, and health outcomes. Kristi will briefly present her progress of modeling in older adult fall prevention and encourage group discussion in exploring how systems modeling can be applied to injury prevention.
Kristi Ladowski, MPH
Injury Prevention & Outreach Coordinator
Stony Brook Trauma Center
Stony Brook, New York
View Powerpoint slides
- National Peer Learning Team for Systems Thinking group for more info on a national level related to injury prevention: https://seandsw.org/systems-thinking/
- The Vensim PLE – Personal Learning Edition version (free of charge): https://vensim.com/free-download/
- Stella Architect (free of charge): https://home/customer/www/training.safestates.org/public_html.iseesystems.com/store/products/stella-architect.aspx
- Insight maker: https://insightmaker.com
- Systems Dynamics – Emerging Perspectives: https://pascalgambardella.com/workshops-and-trainings/system-dynamics/
If you encounter any technical difficulties related to this training, please contact the Safe States Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 690-9000.